Thursday 25 November 2010

In Mexico City Airport.

Not much time before my connection to Cancun leaves but just enough.
So after a whirlpool introduction to Southern American culture with big cars, friendliness and turkey I've managed to make it to Mexico.
Currently on my mind are my chances of making it to the place I'm staying alive, and the fact that I spend 50 pesas on a 30 pesa phone card, which I didn't use.
It has also been wierd to watch the unfolding scenes of Chaos on the streets of Britain, whilst half way across the world, not to mention the bombing by north Korea.

Yesterday Laura and I read through an Oxfam briefing paper on possible outcomes of Cancun and I'm starting to believe that Collapse may be a favourable result; due to the publicity and re-energization it would hopefully prompt.

I'm excited to start taking part in the conference of youth tomorrow, but before then I can't wait for a friendly face and warm bed after a long lonely day of travelling.

Blue Skies.

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment